Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Day Five - Schloss Heidelberg

Hallo, liebe leser. I don't have much to report today. It seems we are settling into a somewhat regular routine. We had class again, and it was actually easier today than yesterday. I was really, really tired today and had to battle to stay awake for the first half of class. I woke up a little more during our break though, and the second half was enjoyable.

After class, we had to run across town to make the meeting for the castle visit on time. We had just enough time to grab some lunch. Andrew and I both had tuna fish sandwiches like we'd never seen before. Think corn and eggs with tuna, on a crunchy bun with lettuce. It was good, for all that it was a bit weird.

Then we met up with another professor and he took us through the two huge churches, explained the history of those and a few other historical buildings in Heidelberg along with a short version of Heidelberg's history, before taking us up to the castle. All of this in German! The castle was really cool, but unfortunately I was feeling pretty tired and crabby while we were up there. It was also raining. Me and Andrew plan to go back again on a nicer day, on our own time. Ah, I did get to see the largest wine cask in the world; that thing is like two stories wide. It apparently can hold almost 200,000 liters.

I forgot to take the camera with today, so unfortunately no pictures... :( After visiting the castle, we just went home. I had supper and did my homework, now I'm going to read for a bit to relax and head to bed early. Night night. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment