Thursday, June 9, 2011

Days 11-14

Mmmh, asparagus and tomato lasagna for dinner. Another delicious creation of my host-mother's, who likes to say she's an experimental cook. That is true, but she could also just say she's very skilled. :P Dinner has been the highlight of each day these past few days; nothing much has been going on.

Classes are moving along pretty well, and I am still enjoying them. We took a test in class today, and I'll find out how I did on Tuesday. Though I even studied, it was challenging, and I'm not sure what kind of score I'll get back.

Today we also went to see the movie Almanya: Wilkommen in Deutschland. It was a pretty good movie, and genuinely funny. It was more about what it means to be family than about the cultural differences between Turkey and Germany, though. That didn't make any less of a good movie, just not exactly what I had been expecting. I understood about 3/4 of it, which I thought was pretty decent. :)

This weekend is a long weekend, and tomorrow I will be heading out on the ICE to Munich with 9 other students. I intend to visit Dachau, one of (if not the) first concentration camps. This might not exactly be fun, but it will be interesting and I feel it's something I should experience. Other than that, I'm not sure what exactly we'll be getting up to in Munich. Probably some sight seeing and some beer drinking. :P

I don't think I'll have internet while in Munich, and I don't really want to take my computer along with me anyway; too nervous about something happening to it. When I get back, though, I should have plenty of photos, stories, and trivia to share. :) Have a lovely weekend, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment